Sunday, March 28, 2010

Packing up Revised

Packing up the RV for the trip. Seems to be going on to long; I keep thinking of more stuff to take with me. In the back of my mind I keep thinking some of this stuff is not necessary and will just add weight and take up space. On the other hand I always forget something. Sigh.

I don't think the designers of RVs ever spent much time in them. The storage spaces are awkward and the wrong size for standard packages. Also, the catches on the doors of cabinets are not very strong and it is possible that they could come open and dump the contents of the cabinet while driving down the road, especially a bumpy one.

There are still some systems I haven't checked out yet; one is the dump system that's where you attach a hose to the waste tank pipe and put the hose in a dump station and then open the valves letting the waste water go down into the waste water system. The other system is the city water system were a hose is connected from a water bib to the RV to have city water and pressure without using the on board electrical pump. I'll have to just have faith that these systems work if not ...... we're in trouble....

Okay back to work packing the RV

This is Monday night and most of the "stuff" is on board now I need to stow the loose stuff for the trip to Livingston TX, where I will spend the night and then go on to Houston to pick up Samantha when she gets off the plane. Hopefully I have packed everything we need and haven't forgotten anything important. Stopped by the DMV office here in town to get a copy of the registration, but it doesn't look like a registration just hope I don't need it. I also stopped by my Cardiologist's office to get my B/P checked and get a refill on an Rx. Went to the Post Office to change the address to the Escapees Mail Service. It seems that one cannot change one's address to a unique ZIP code on line, Escapees Mail Service is such a Zip Code, so one has to go to the Post Office to do it. They don't do anything special because it is a unique Zip they just put in the way the change of address card is filled out.

So tomorrow is the big day I pull out of here and head to Livingston TX.

No comments: