Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mount Rushmore SD


View out the window of the restaurant

The entrance to the monument (temple)

























My impressions of Mount Rushmore are odd I know, but here they are anyway; It feels like the Presidents have been deified and that your supposed to be awed by their presence. I don't think any of the men who's faces are carved there would want to be deified or even overly romanticised. They are just men who held high office and did some good things, they had their faults like everyone Else.
The entrance reminded me of some of the modernistic monuments erected by the twentieth century dictators. So in short I was not pleased. The fee of $10 to park your vehicle didn't please me either.

















































































































































































No comments: